Dental implants available at New England Dental can restore your smile with natural-looking, durable and long-lasting alternatives to bridges and dentures.
Are missing teeth inhibiting your chewing ability and smile? Losing teeth is often thought of as a fact of life but it is important to take time to replace missing teeth. Dental implants are a great alternative to bridges and denture because they don’t only replace the visible part of the tooth. Dental implants are revolutionary treatments that use a combination of science and technology to replace the tooth from the root up.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants act as an artificial tooth root and crown and are implanted in the jaw bone to ensure strength stability. Dental implants are made up of three separate parts:
- Firstly there is the implant itself which is designed to replace the root of the tooth. This piece of the dental implant is fabricated from titanium materials to help it fuse to the jawbone. The process where the implant is accepted by the bone is known as osseointegration.
- The porcelain crown is the part of the dental implant treatment that replaces the visible part of the tooth. Made from strong, durable materials, the crown can be altered in shade and shape so to ensure it fits in seamlessly with the other remaining teeth. Dental crowns are used in dentistry for a number of different treatments because they are excellent replications of natural teeth.
- The final piece of the treatment is the abutment. This is a small piece that connects the dental implant and the dental crown together.
What to expect with dental implants
If you choose to replace one or more of your teeth with dental implants, you can expect functionality and renewed aesthetics. Dental implants can benefit the patient in a number of ways.
Benefits of dental implants
- Look like real teeth
- Function as real teeth would
- Stop loss of jawbone density
- Help to restore health to your smile
- Stop remaining teeth from moving out of line
- Don’t inhibit eating or speaking capabilities
- They can last a lifetime if cared for properly
How safe are titanium dental implants?
The treatment is proven to be successful with a reported success rate of well above 90% for the majority of dental implant patients. Titanium implants are considered safe because they are biocompatible. Thanks to the process of osseointegration, dental implants have made permanent tooth replacement possible. Alternative materials can have a higher rejection rate.
What do dental implants feel like?
Dental implants are a great tooth replacement option however although they look and function as natural teeth, they don’t quite feel exactly like real teeth when you put your tongue against them or chew on food. This is mainly because they don’t have nerves inside them and they are made out of different materials.
Dental Implants Armidale
Healthy teeth are the foundation of a healthy smile. Your teeth influence a number of different daily needs such as speaking, eating and drinking, as well as things you don’t always notice like jaw position and facial structure. Replace your missing teeth and restore balance to your smile and your oral health at New England Dental in Armidale NSW today.